Peptides storage method
- Peptide health foods need only be placed in a cool dry place.
- For peptide and peptide drugs, it needs to be stored in a desiccator.The lyophilized polypeptide can be placed at room temperature prior to exposing them to air,which will reduce the humidity effects. If it is not possible to freeze dry peptide, the best method is to store it is in a small working sample.For peptide reagents containing Cys, Met or TrP, the deoxygenation buffer is essential for its dissolution because the peptide reagent is easily oxidized by air and the nitrogen or argon that slowly flows through the peptide reagent is reduced before sealing. Polypeptide agents containing Gln or Asn are also susceptible to degradation, and all of these peptides have a limited lifetime compared to those without these problematic cleavage.
- Polypeptides have a wide range of solubility.The main problem with the insolubilization of the polypeptide is the formation of secondary structures.This occurs except for the most taipeptide, which is more pronounced in peptides with multiple hydrophobic residues. Salt promotes the formation of secondary structures.We recommend first dissolving the peptide in sterile distilled water or deionized water.If you need to increase the dissolution rate, you can use ultrasonic treatment.If there is still a problem with the dissolution. Adding a small amount of dilute acetic acid (10%) or ammonia water will facilitate dissolution.
- For long-term storage of the polypeptide reagent, it is preferred to freeze-dry it. The lyophilized powder can be stored at -20 ° C or lower for a few years with little or no degradation. The polypeptide in solution is far unstable. Polypeptide is easily susceptible to bacterial degradation, so it should be dissolved in sterile purified water.
- Polypeptide solutions containing Met, Cys or Tyr residues have limited lifetime due to oxidation. It should be dissolved in an anaerobic solvent. In order to prevent the damage of repeated freeze-thaw, it is recommended to dissolve excess peptide for experimentation. The remaining peptides are stored as solids.
Buy Now :https://giantlab.net/peptides/