Sequence (Three-Letter Code): Palmitoyl-Gly-His-Lys
Molecular formula: C30H54N6O5
Molecular weight: 578.8 g/mol
What Is Pal-GHK?
PAL-GHK is also known as palmitoyl tripeptide-1 and is a small copper-binding peptide made up of three amino acids linked to a palmitate molecule. GHK was first discovered in human plasma and was found to be in significantly higher concentrations in plasma from young people when compared to the elderly; linking the peptide to aging. The peptide has a wide range of biological functions and has been found to regulate a huge number of proteins in the human body, with many being linked to health-promoting abilities .
What Does Pal-GHK Do?
The GHK component of Pal-GHK tricks fibroblasts into thinking that elastin, a common skin protein, has been damaged. This induces the fibroblasts to grow and multiply so that they can regenerate what they think is the lost elastin in skin. In aging animals, fibroblasts tend to lose activity and become dormant. Studies in animal models indicate that GHK can re-energize fibroblasts and thus help to overcome some of the common effects that aging has on skin.
The Function of PAL-GHK
PAL-GHK stimulated genes essentially reset cells to a healthier, younger state. GHK was shown to stimulate many DNA repair genes and increase the expression of 14 genes linked to antioxidant production . These genetic modifications are proposed to reduce the signs of aging and remove free radicals and toxic agents that cause age-related diseases. These genetic changes also activate tissue healing and this has been demonstrated in rodents and pigs, where GHK was shown to stimulate whole-body healing .
When GHK was injected into rat muscle it caused rapid wound healing and this was also demonstrated in mice. In pigs, the peptide was able to heal surgical defects, even when injected at a location that was distant from the wound. The peptide can also heal bone fractures and this has been confirmed in rats .
The function of PAL- GHK in the Cosmetics
The PAL-GHK peptide also plays a major role in skin regeneration and can be used for cosmetic purposes, where it is marketed as copper-tripeptide 1. GHK can stimulate a number of structural molecules found in the skin, including collagen, dermatan sulphate, chondroitin sulphate, and decorin. In cosmetics, the peptide tightens skin and improves elasticity, skin density, and firmness, leading to a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles. A number of studies have shown that creams containing GHK can significantly increase collagen production and that they improve skin clarity and appearance and increase skin density and thickness .
GHK has been widely used as a gel or cream in human studies for skin healing with no adverse effects . Since the GHK peptide is naturally present in human serum then it is likely that PAL-GHK can be administered at the recommended dose with minimal or no side effects.
Giant Lab offers you high quality PAL-GHK raw powder with USA and EU domestic shipping. Besides, Giant Lab also offers you high quality peptides and generic hgh. Learn more Giant Lab from the professional forum.
- Pickart, L., et al., GHK, the human skin remodeling peptide, induces anti-cancer expression of numerous caspase, growth regulatory, and DNA repair genes. Journal of Analytical Oncology, 2014. 3(2): p. 79-87.
- Pickart, L., J.M. Vasquez-Soltero, and A. Margolina, GHK and DNA: Resetting the Human Genome to Health. BioMed Research International, 2014. 2014: p. 10.
- Pickart, L., J.M. Vasquez-Soltero, and A. Margolina, GHK Peptide as a Natural Modulator of Multiple Cellular Pathways in Skin Regeneration. BioMed Research International, 2015. 2015: p. 7.
- Cherdakov, V., et al., Synergetic antioxidant and reparative action of thymogen, dalargin and peptide Gly-His-Lys in tubular bone fractures. Experimental Biology and Medicine, 2010. 4: p. 15-20.
- Mulder, G.D., et al., Enhanced healing of ulcers in patients with diabetes by topical treatment with glycyl-l-histidyl-l-lysine copper. Wound Repair Regen, 1994. 2(4): p. 259-69.